Saturday, December 7, 2013

I have a recommendation for you...

It has been a while since I have blogged.  In spite of the best intentions, putting my farm and home together has taken all my time and attention.  Little energy has been left over for writing.  Maybe I will do better in the coming year, for the hardest part is behind me.

So today, as we approach a very special time of year, I am pleased to touch base again. 

Marketing has a bad rap.  It's too bad, because real marketing, the kind that touches people's hearts and makes their life better, is a different animal all together.  Good marketing is just  the most incredible service to customers.  It serves them.

And today, I saw a TED talk that talks about some things related to marketing from a little different perspective.  I think it's important to come at a subject from many angles.  If you've been a reader here very long, you've heard me talk about reaching customers at a heart level.  They don't care about you, or your stuff, they only care about feeling better in some way.  And when you talk to them about how it happens with your farm or product or animal, they not only listen, but they want to buy from you.

So I commend this TED talk to you today.  See if you can see why I think it's one of the best marketing videos of all time even though that's not really his subject!  Worth the 18 minutes of your time!  "How Great Leaders Inspire Action:  The power of purpose" 
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/tedtalks/simon-sinek_b_4394863.html

I would like to hear from you.  Tell me how your businesses are going, where you need help, how can I talk to you in ways that will help you serve your own customers?

Best wishes,
Ellie

No comments: